Bank Current Accounts Complaints Rise This Year
According to the UK financial regulator the Financial Conduct Authority, bank current accounts complaints rise.
Apparently the number of people complaining about their current accounts jumped by a third in the first half of this year.
There were over half a million such complaints between January and June, which is a rise of 31.2% on the previous year.
The Financial Conduct Authority warned the banks to take action to address the problems, although allegedly the industry said it had already stepped up efforts to reduce the number of unhappy customers.
Many have been complaining specifically about packaged accounts, which include insurance policies and other extras “included”.
Banks charge a monthly fee for such accounts, but some people say they have been signed up without their permission or have found the insurance products worthless.
Watch this space, but this could well be another PPI type claim against the banks in the future.
If you are looking around for a new bank account, you might want to check out Card One Banking, as they have a number advantages over the High Street banks, like:
- There are no credit checks!
- There are no hidden charges for unpaid direct debits!
- Open to everyone with guaranteed acceptance (subject to proper identification)
- Online, text and phone account access.
- UK call centre.
- Free text alerts each time money is paid in.
- Free text alerts if bills cannot be paid.
- No bounced payment charges.
- Direct Debits with enhanced security
Click on the links above to get more details or if you want to apply online now.